Guys, New to the forum. I recently acquired a Bobcat 763 with low hours and residential use. Immediately upon purchasing I changed oil, fuel and hydraulic oil filters, as well as the hydraulic and engine oil. I knew upon purchase that she had a leak. We all drink a little too much-but today after a solid 8 hour day I found-behind the right side access panel about 1 gallon of hydraulic oil. I refilled the reservoir which accepted 1.5 gallons to the level it was at when I changed the fluids just 2 days prior. I do not see any leaks coming from the drive motor while running or not however I did see a drip from the inside of the machine on the hose in one of the pictures I attached-its the wet one. Im assuming a coupling above it has seen better days and is leaking on it.... what do you guys think?
Most likely the spool seals on the main hydraulic control valve just above that wet hose is leaking, problem as common as the name Bobcat.
willie59 what sort of project will that be? fluid changes were incredibly easy however im betting just by looking at where the issue is coming from its going to be a PITA to even get to. As an amateur- is this something I should go to the dealer for?
It's a PITA until you've done about a hundred of them and figure out the tricks. If you take it to Bobcat they'll most likely pull the whole control valve and you'll pay for many hours labor. Myself, the hell with that, I've always managed to find a way to replace the seals without pulling the valve. Again, it's a PITA, and it's not one method fits all as there are differences in the different models of Bobcat machines. On some I've removed the entire bulkhead panel where the drive sticks are mounted just to get good access to the front of the control valve. I'm just sayin' it's do-able, but it is a task. HeavyEquipmentForums