Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980? John Deere 310c, boom cylinder help!!

Themaskman72 ยท 2017-01-21 14:30

I removed the boom cylinder to change a badly leaking rod seal. I have ordered the seal kit twice and been wrong both Times. Can someone please give me the correct part number so I can get this thing back together. Only number on the cylinder is R82071, it also has JD stamped on it and a G stamped on it.

Replies4
  1. #1hosspuller2017-01-21 17:09

    I'm interested, since I have a 310C too. Do you have access to the Deere parts on line? There seems to be a split at backhoe serial # 740892 for the boom cylinder. p/n RE24001 before the split and RE30945 after the split But the split for the seal kit is at serial # 740538 p/n RE20595 before the split and RE31716 after the split. Which seal kits did you get ?

  2. #2Themaskman722017-01-21 17:30

    I got AH149814.

  3. #3hosspuller2017-01-21 19:39

    That might be your problem .... According to the Deere parts site, AH149814 used on ... 310 SE, E,G,SG,SJ,SK,K, ..... But 310C not listed for that p/n What dealer are you using ?

  4. #4Themaskman722017-01-22 00:45

    Global is the dealer I am or now was using. Thanks for the correct p/n.