Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

675E extend a hoe

Jcj ยท 2017-01-20 23:44

Hi,ive just purchased a extend a hoe and it has a couple of issues im hoping can get some help with please. The foot lever wont move and is stuck in extend mode cant see where cable leads to . And the front bucket has ram opening that that wont function most of the time ,i can see where it goes should i remove cable and check it s fuction manually all other hydraulics seem to work fine please help thanks jcj.

Replies17
  1. #1x-ray2017-01-21 20:38

    Welcome to the forum. A service manual will be a big help here. The HED is a link to the back valve body stack. I am attempting to attach some pics that show the option and the hookups. Is the machine loading down when in operation, if so then I would say it does just sound like its stuck in detent. For the front bucket are you talking about a 4-1? If so New Holland has a squirrely twist option (on the front loader joy) to operate the 4-1 which is a little touchy. Either way the front is a different valve bank.

  2. #2Jcj2017-01-24 02:26

    Ya the front bucket is a clam style and the hoe is loading down while ive found where the cable leads to it seems that ive got to remove seat and heater core unit to get to valve is that correct i do hope so any more info would be much appreciated thank you.

  3. #3Grader Dane2017-01-24 03:23

    The 675E is a sister model of the NH95 in Denmark but with centermounted boom. That was the first backhoe, that I bought new. As far as I remember it had removable plates in the floor both in front of and behind the seat that gave access to the walves.

  4. #4Jcj2017-01-25 04:04

    Hi ,and thanks grader dane while your correct about the front panel (rather small panel)there is no other removable floor panel that can be removed and while can get under hoe is fair distance to reach with hoses drive line vent ducts ect .for me to reach , i spent a few hours today spraying the under carraige with diesel to cut grease and dirt then pressure washed a few hours later tomorrow Will try again to reach but not looking good any other ideas ? Would be helpful and much appreciated thanks jcj out.

  5. #5Jcj2017-01-25 04:08

    Owe and the valve im trying to reach is above axle middle front left side of chair.thanks again.

  6. #6x-ray2017-01-25 18:45

    I don't think there is access below the seat/heater well. Also while removing the chair isn't too hard its a pain taking it in and out of the cab. I got to most those valves underneath, except for the linkages..

  7. #7Jcj2017-01-25 21:47

    Hey xray ya great advise for clam but not where im having trouble getting into im not able to get to extend a hoe valve up under the floor atop drive axle

  8. #8x-ray2017-01-25 23:00

    Your not going to like my answer. Its only accessible from under, however, its not on the later models under the drive. Rather cab left underneath, by the hydraulic filter. Its the lowest one on the valve stack of the 3 there, they are ORFS fittings. I worked on my lines there and the biggest pain was the lines to the stabilizers and HED+peddle goes over the rear axle so you may want to tie them off near position.

  9. #9Jcj2017-01-25 23:27

    Now there is an answer that i can deal with mr xray i thank you as i had figured it out to be .so is there any thing i need to look out for or anything i should not do step by step would be very helpful or pages from print how best to go after this .does it have to come out as a complete unit by that i mean it looks like more than a single valve system.any help would be great and thanks again.jcj

  10. #10x-ray2017-01-26 00:05

    Yes it is a valve bank/stack. I think there are 4 bolts holding it on. The lines typically are not that bad with a big adjustable or better yet open wrenches, I'll admit it I used a combination of standard and china freight wrenches (although its all metric). I bumped the controls to relieve the pressure, put the fingers of the heavy nitril gloves over the ends of the lines and marked their positions. Don't worry about the seepage its usually under a quart. Let me see if I can find the break apart, but NH does have a an OK break down diagram on the construction website..

  11. #11Jcj2017-01-26 00:52

    Can you give me site address please and thanks again xray much appreciated jcj.also is there any info out there on how to repair valves ect.thanksjcj.

  12. #12x-ray2017-01-26 09:10

    I'll give you this one, but seriously I saw a Golden Labrador using Google the other day... http://partstore.construction.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html PM me once you get it out.

  13. #13Jcj2017-01-26 11:30

    Haha xray i do appreciate the help and any info you given to me but i wouldnt be on this site not that it is a bad site very great and friendly one so thanks but ive been all over google looking for info .not much out there free ford is very proud of its information and hard to come by so thanks again exray.i do hope im not being rude cause i really am thankful

  14. #14x-ray2017-01-26 11:38

    NP, just had to bust your chops. PM me and I'll send you a link to something you'll need

  15. #15Jcj2017-01-26 12:19

    Hey xray new here how do i pm anyone?

  16. #16Jcj2017-01-26 12:24

    Hey xray how did you get or come up with name .reason i ask is i use to work or x-ray equipment for about 15 years before it went belly up.thanks jcj

  17. #17x-ray2017-01-26 15:09

    Yes I am a modality engineer . I sent you an e-mail through the site its the little mail icon in the corner bar area by your login name..