Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 John Deere 410

Keith Beghtel ยท 2018-04-03 14:59

Looking at purchasing a 1980 John Deere 410 Backhoe 2 wheel drive and trying to find out a good price would be. First time buying anything like this so looking for guidance on what to lookout for.

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2018-04-03 15:06

    condition, condition, condition. Engine starts cold and runs smooth almost right away, transmission and hydraulics work smooth almost right away and still after running hard for an hour (hard to do with a purchase, but you never know) not too much slop in the loader, backhoe and steering. Condition of the tires is no small part of the value too.

  2. #2Keith Beghtel2018-04-03 15:33

    Thank you for the information, I will keep this in mind when I go to look at it, they are asking 9k for it and tires look like they aren't in the best shape.

  3. #3ovrszd2018-04-03 16:17

    I paid $6500 for a 1984 5K hour Ford 555A, 2wd, 4n1 front bucket, extendahoe. I spent an additional $2000 fixing the things I thought should be fixed. Have put 40 hours on it without further issue. It's sloppy but reliable. It's totally a crap shoot. But then a $20K machine can be too.

  4. #4showrguy2018-04-03 16:37

    Price sounds about right if it has a cab.. I have an 82-410 and a 79-310, both have some slop, but they're built like tanks... Mine are for play, at home, and at my camp.. What are you gonna be using it for ??

  5. #5richj7862025-09-04 19:54

    I just purchased a 1980 410 and I'm in process of doing a inframe. The machine is tight but it needs tires front and rear. Wants completed with the inframe how much can I list the machine for. Thanks guys