Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 TROJAN 1900 speed in 2nd gear

BillyThePirate ยท 2017-07-20 22:30

Hello, I have a 1980 Trojan 1900 model wheel loader, in first gear (2 gears) it is strong and can make wheels spin if the bucket is against a rock load, but in 2nd gear, with nothing in the bucket, just going uphill a little it slows down to walking pace. I'm not sure but I think i have seen on the net that there is an ajustment for the transmission. Anyone can help me with this issue, please...

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2017-07-21 01:03

    The engine slows down proportionately? What is the engine speed when you come to a crawl?

  2. #2BillyThePirate2017-07-21 07:40

    Hi Mike, Thank you very much for the reply, No, the engine is at full rpm even when crawling !

  3. #3Delmer2017-07-21 17:16

    Do you have a tachometer? What is the engine speed? If the engine isn't reaching rated speed, then it would be normal for the loader to move, but slow way down on a hill. You have four speeds, right? Which two gears are we talking about?

  4. #4BillyThePirate2017-08-20 22:53

    I don't have a tachometer but I can assure you that the engine is reving at full rpm. It is a 2 speed only and we are talking in second gear