Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L90D

cozy ยท 2017-07-20 16:45

Hi, I work for an independent repair facility. One of the challenges of working for an independent is getting info on the machinery you are working on because the dealerships don't always like to help. That all being said does anyone know how I could get the wiring and hydraulic, schematics. Or trouble shooting info on a Volvo L90D wheel loader. without having to purchase a manual.

Replies15
  1. #1funwithfuel2017-07-20 23:23

    Without purchasing a manual, you'd have to find someone with the manual or online access to prosis who could print out the material you're seeking. I would look in eBay. D series are getting pretty long in the tooth, you may score one for cheap. Plus side is they are essentially the same for 70, 90 &120.

  2. #2cozy2017-07-21 07:48
  3. #3cozy2017-07-21 07:50

    Thanks. I found an L50/L70 manual in our shop but didn't know if they were the same.

  4. #4funwithfuel2017-07-21 07:54

    L50/70 straight, would be more of a Michigan or vme. You need L70-90-120D . A lot of similarities but you have to keep to the same generation. Good luck

  5. #5cozy2017-07-21 08:04

    Maybe I can pass this by you? I have an L90D with a low break psi warning light and audible alarm coming on and I have to use high rpm to get the boom or bucket to move, I'm assuming low pilot psi. Does this unit have a separate pilot pump and what should this psi be set to?

  6. #6funwithfuel2017-07-21 08:14

    Pilot or servo should be adjusted at the central valve to approximately 425/450 Are all functions weak ?

  7. #7cozy2017-07-21 08:20

    The steering is good, but all others are slow or weak. Boom up/down bucket curl/dump. I didn't try the brakes at this time.

  8. #8funwithfuel2017-07-21 08:21

    Do you have gauges to monitor pressures

  9. #9cozy2017-07-21 08:22

    yes

  10. #10funwithfuel2017-07-21 08:26

    I'm at work right now. But do you by chance have a quick attach bracket on the loader frame?

  11. #11cozy2017-07-21 08:29

    no just forks pined direct to the boom.

  12. #12funwithfuel2017-07-21 09:14

    So you don't have a switch down by your left knee for "raised servo?" This switch will cause weak/no hydraulic effort

  13. #13cozy2017-07-21 09:28

    Nope, just the 4-way flasher switch by my left knee.

  14. #14funwithfuel2017-07-21 09:32

    Well unfortunately, that's as far as we can safely go. The only other thing I can suggest is to swap boom down and up shock valves. Usually they get weak and ignored til everything is tired out. Beyond that, we need a manual Sorry I couldn't be of more help

  15. #15cozy2017-07-21 10:11