Hi All. I am helping a friend sell a 1983 Caterpillar 518 Line Skidder. The other day we were testing the winch and engine stalled. We figured out that the fuel is not coming from the fuel tank and the fuel coming out of the fuel tank is really dirty. We want to drain the fuel tank. We’ve removed all the bolts that hold the rear skid plate. The front end of the skid plate is starting to sag by a half inch however for the life of us, we cannot figure out how to remove the rear section of the skid plate. It is really stuck in there. I am thinking it needs to slide forward. If anyone knows anything I’d really appreciate the help. Thank you.
I remember those. The rear of the guard is probably jammed into the winch. It requires much violence.
Ok right on. Thank you!
It’s frustrating guessing without a service manual, we removed the four bolts at rear that simply just held the skid plate to the rear differential.