Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c muffler needed

HoeHoeHoe ยท 2025-10-02 19:24

I need a muffler for case 580c. Order from broken tractor and asap both are wrong size a d don't fit with hood on. None of them match the picture. Anyone bought one recently that works? Otherwise I'll nees to cut mine open and have it hot tanked, it's contaminated with oil. Stanley muffler makes one but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Part number ca-18

Replies12
  1. #1reganj2025-10-02 20:51

    What would happen ifn you bought a glass pack that would fit? I would guess it would be cheaper than a muffler and about as quiet.

  2. #2heymccall2025-10-02 21:13

    Which one matches yours?

  3. #3HoeHoeHoe2025-10-02 21:17

    I'd say 6 It has 207d engine. I'm not sure if my current muffler is a case brand or aftermarket.

  4. #4HoeHoeHoe2025-10-03 08:01

    Part number a39561 is still available from case I'm tempted to buy it. I can't see a picture though.

  5. #5stinky642025-10-03 10:54

    Been awhile, but got my muffler A39561 for '76 C from ASAP and have plenty of room. When you say "won't fit with hood on" is hole too small or just won't line up?

  6. #6HoeHoeHoe2025-10-03 11:00

    The muffler I received ( picture above) the oval body is too big, hits the oval cut out in hood and won't slide over the manifold pipe.

  7. #7stinky642025-10-03 11:13

    Copy that, that muffler looks nothing like the one I got or advertised on asap"s website or any site that keeps popping up due to me googling the part # , especially that whole top cap flange thing. Maybe just had wrong muffler in right box with good #. Did you contact seller to verify?

  8. #8HoeHoeHoe2025-10-03 11:17

    I ordered from broken tractor and asap got same muffler from both I think Stanley was making these and either Stanley changed the design or everyone is buying from a new supplier. I contacted a case dealer that has one in stock, waiting to see if they can send pictures and measurements.

  9. #9heymccall2025-10-03 13:40

    From here Muffler A-A39561 Buy Muffler A-A39561, Part #A-A39561 at Tired Iron Tractor Parts, we're experts in tractor restoration and repair. Expert advice and fast delivery. www.tiredirontractorparts.com

  10. #10HoeHoeHoe2025-10-03 14:28

    The problem is everyone lists the correct size and pictures but ships the wrong one. I think the supplier changed the design but didn't tell the buyers. I cut mine open and dropped it off to get hot tanked.

  11. #11Tinkerer2025-10-03 14:41

    Cut the hood to make one of them fit. Ifn you r fussy about looks you can make a patch to make the hole look like the muffler was the correct one. I had a glass pack on my 680Ck and it was not very loud at all.

  12. #12stinky642025-10-03 19:11

    Stanley is what I'm rockin' as well.