we are having trouble identifying transmission 4 speed we think new process.... gas motor 361? can anyone help thank you chuck
More than likely New Process-but Some came with Clark-and most of those were 5 spd. What is the diameter of input shaft? If you know that sometimes transmission types are listed with new/replacement clutches.
If 4 speed were they still using the NP435 then?
Yes.
Identification The Novak Guide to the New Process 435 Transmission The Novak Guide to the New Process 435 Transmission www.novak-adapt.com
One with no top cover
Why does it have a 361 engine in it? In 1983 I believe a 370 or 429 were the only gas engines available, did someone swap out the entire power train?
I think you could still order the engine of your choice back then. I remember our company ordered 6 , F 700 cab/ chassis back in 1978 and had them set up with 330 V8 ford industrial engines right from the factory.
This pretty much tells the story of the FE-Ford Edsel engine spot on. As in any power train change ups there are always some leftovers. But a FE in 1983 is doubtful, only industrial and even then manufactures want out of the old and onto the new. Ford FE engine - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org
In ‘78 yes, but starting in ‘80 the Ford medium duty trucks were more or less an all new design. New cabs and all new engine choices, in the F600 your only choices were 370 or 429 gas, or 8.2l Detroit ‘fuel pincher’ diesel until the mid to late 80’s.
I think the 3208 Cat and maybe other diesels were also available but I can't think of any other gas engines of the 80s besides the big block.
its got a 370 engine,,,,, factory everything
I was an apprentice at a Ford dealer in ‘78 to ‘82 and we were happy to see the Lima engines(370 & 429). We were tired of working on the FE’s with the heavy intake
The truck came out of Nebraska really good shape