Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KW T800 ABS Code

Hunter013 · 2023-04-28 09:52

SPN: 789 - FMI: 9 Drive axle left wheel speed sensor, output low at drive-off I checked all drivers side sensors and they’re at roughly 1500-1600 ohms. What else should I check? I’m not familiar with abs systems.

Replies9
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-04-28 10:07

    How old of truck? Is the cable in good condition the entire length? Is it a two piece cable with connection in middle? Is cable held emplace to brake hoses with wire ties instead of factory cable clips? Is the sensor pushed back from tone ring?

  2. #2heymccall2023-04-28 10:23

    Are the wheel bearings loose/ worn/ damaged?

  3. #3stinky642023-04-28 18:52

    If your bearings not loose, no greenies at connections give the sensors a little tap in toward the tone ring to eliminate the air gap issue. Also curious about year and hub/tone ring configuration.

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-04-28 19:28

    The fact he's in Wisconsin with the salt, more than likely the sensors are frozen in the mounting sockets.

  5. #5heymccall2023-04-28 22:11

    Had to swap rotors out on our '07 C7500 a while back because the tone rings were rusted to the point of barely having teeth. But, they lost resolution at higher speeds. You is losing resolution at low speeds.

  6. #6stinky642023-04-29 18:35

    Am also a resident of the Great Lakes salt belt and have been a sensor tapper from way back. 90% of the time if you can get to them they will move. Sometimes on drive axles ya gotta use special bent long punch that was custom run over with a set of doubles to get the job done.

  7. #7Truck Shop2023-04-29 21:03

    Quite familiar with moving sensors, It was pretty common on ours to find them froze especially the ones running ND.

  8. #8Hunter0132023-05-10 10:31

    It's a 2020, so nothing is very crusty on it. I found a bare wire going to one of the modules, which I was able to repair, but it did not fix anything. I looked on the trucks dash and it said "SA Left Wheel Speed Sensor". Does that mean steer axle left side? The SPN: 789 - FMI: 9 is still the only code on the computer.

  9. #9Truck Shop2023-05-10 10:48

    yes.