Looking for a low priced grader with good power and 6 wheel drive. Are the 600's good machines?
Whats the motor/trans combo and what are you looking to do? I've got an A600 about that vintage and its an OK machine, what are you looking to do with it?
IH466 and converter/trans. Grading a banked race track and sometimes pushing some mud off the track. Just wondering if owners have had decent luck with them?
Mine is a Detroit with a 4spd converter trans. Never graded a dirt track but I'd guess its not going to work that machine extremely hard. two things that have been a slight issue with mine is trans cooling, and a slow road gear. Mine has had some issues heating up while roading long distances and when the temps get into the 80's and high humidity. It apparently is right on the edge of cooling capacity and I've got a bigger cooler that I plan to install and expect to take care of the problem. The factory cooler is on the small side and by design I'm not sure how much airflow it is actually getting. There is not a lot of information out there to be had on these machines, but the manuals seem to be available through your komatsu dealer as reprints. Parts seem to still be available NOS through Komatsu, but it will be interesting to see how long that's going to be the case. One thing to look at is the bracket that attaches the moldboard to the circle. Its the piece that the moldboard slides in. This is prone to spreading/gapping out and introduces some slop into things. My A-600 is pretty good in this respect but I have an A-500 that is gapped out that I'll have to do something about in the future. They kind of are what they are. They have to be a pretty clean specimen to bring more than about 10 grand. How's the rubber and are there any leaks? The control valve blocks are functional but are kind of a dorky design that rely on the rubber boots for sealing. One more thing to check out.