Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1984 k907c

Slidehappy · 2021-10-18 08:11

I purchased this unit in the spring which it had been sitting for eight years. It belong to a neighbor down the road (man passed), after changing the fuel and filter, I drove it home. In the past the belts had come off and had torn all of the wiring loose from the alternator, water temp, oil. Mice got up in the dash and destroyed the wires so I have made a new dash with updated gauges and switches, completely rewired the dash and engine compartment except for the starter. All the hydraulics worked at the time when I brought it home and during the repair process. The last time i moved her the hydraulics worked great. Now the machine runs great but the hydraulic for everything has stopped. If you hold an operation long enough it moans then moves a little then stops. I’m replacing the supply hose to the pump, draining the oil, cleaning the tank, replacing the filters. before I go to this huge expense which these parts are not cheap. My question is do you think the pump has gone bad? Could it be a filter or hose failure? Is there a main flow valve that could have stuck? Any help is appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2021-10-18 17:04

    Maybe provide a little more information. What manufacturer, Hitachi, Kobelco, Mitsubishi or what. The complete model and serial number would also be needed. Maybe a photo of the machine would help.

  2. #2Slidehappy2021-10-18 17:14

    She’s an ole girl Kobelco 907C LN-05614 Mitsubishi engine (no turbo) Like i said, she was moving good, now she doesn’t want to move at all. like the flip of switch

  3. #3Slidehappy2021-11-01 16:15

    I’m still looking for possibles. Like most equipment they have their traits. I worked on heavy equipment (Cats) for a number years. Never had a this pop up. Although it’s a Kobelco not Cat so who know

  4. #4John C.2021-11-01 18:59

    I'm not sure of what to tell you. I've never had the chance to work on one of those. Maybe someone will be along shortly. Just a thought. is there a master clutch or maybe a pilot dump valve somewhere to aid cold starting the engine? Good Luck.

  5. #5Slidehappy2021-11-19 13:41

    John, NONE that I have found. I’m thinking hydraulic contamination. The unit sat for 8 years, fired up and ran fine, then BAM. Starts to work then stops moans and groans and try’s again. I’m thinking filter failure, line failure, something has gotten plugged up

  6. #6John C.2021-11-19 19:05

    Let us know what you find.