I just purchased a machine and the one track while running if you let up on it, it will slow then it will not go back to its full speed. If I run it full speed all the time it's fine. It only does it when you back out of it then try to return to full speed, like when you want to turn. It only seems to be the one side Any ideas where I can start to look. TIA
When my PC200 has track motor power or speed issues, it's always been the hydraulic rotator seals, so far. I think that I've already rebuilt mine at least twice in under 10k hours. Typically, seals allow leakage reducing pressure to the motor and/or the motor speed control valve. If it's lost a lot of track power and shifts in and out of high speed travel, it's likely the seals are shot. It's not much fun to climb into the belly of the beast and take an oil bath while you disconnect lines.
Thanks for the response .. Are you referring to the o-rings in the swing tower manifold? It doesn't seem like it has any loss in power but it does seem like it shifts into slow mode. If I stop for a sec and then start back out it goes right back to normal speed
Yes, the main hydraulic swivel joint under the swing gear box. If all you have lost is speed and not power to one or both tracks, it could be the shift solenoid valve or something else. Mine would get weak in at least one track and then when in med or high speed tracking, it would shift in and out of fast mode. If you have a shop manual, there is a flow chart for diagnosing many of the problems with the -6 series. I've no experience with other series machines.
Thank you my friend I will look into this. It didn't seem to have any loss in power it would just shift into a real slow mode. It doesn't have any leakage at the manifold either.. It is a LC-8 and I'm going to get a shop manual.
There are lots of possibilities for the problem that you are describing. Do you have any fault codes showing up on the monitor panel when it is happening? How many hours do you have on the unit. Have you checked the easy things like junk under the travel pedals. Do you know how to get into the diagnostics in the monitor panel? In general, internal leaks in the swivel will do specific things. It might veer off to one side when climbing a hill with the sprockets on the down hill side or veer the other way with the idlers on the down hill side. It also might always stay in high range instead of shifting down when under a hard pull. Here is a video showing how to access the diagnostics in the monitor if you don't already know how.
Thanks for the info.. I'm just swamped now to check some of this stuff out.. At least I have a good starting point to try and figure out what's up with it.. I really appreciate all the help you guys give! Thanks again!
Ok so no codes and thanks for the video.. It only seems to do it when you back out of it like to make a turn then try to go full speed. It only does it on the driver side track (Final in back) and it does it in both forward and backward direction. To me it not loss of power it seems to me like a solenoid is hanging up or not functioning correctly. Any idea which solenoid it might be? Everything else on the machine seems to be ok.. If you stop and start back off again it is fine it will put you back in your seat, no dragging or delay TIA
The two speed hydraulics go to both motors at the same time so if that were the problem, it would affect both motors. You might check the hydraulic return filter for brass particles as a start. If anything there at all I would check the pump suction strainer as the motor case drains drop directly to the tank. Do you know how many hours are on this machine?
8400 I'm not sure where your going with the brass in the filter. If the pump was weak it would effect all the controls correct? I can run the track curl the bucket and swing the body all at the same time and all works ok. It also doesn't veer off track when I do all of the above it stay's straight
From your description, it sounds like something is causing the two speed shift on the problem motor to be sticking at times. Brass is in the motor and return oil from the case drain goes directly back to the tank. Oil that makes the motor turn returns through the return hydraulic filter. I would usually want to confirm that there is or isn't a possibility of something coming apart in the motor that might be causing the issue.
Well I'm going to try a few simpler things first before I start rebuilding motors... Sometimes its just the simpler things in life that are the problem.. Thanks all the same
One of the simplest things you could do is check the filters for debris like John C said. It will help you and the people on here to help you narrow down the problem and figure out what direction to look next
Ok so I'm back looking at the problem and here is what I've done so far I rebuilt swing manifold and that was in good shape. I changed the 4 Travel Compensators. I changed the 2 speed solenoid and that still did not do anything. I unplugged the Travel Controller Solenoid and now the problem went away! I did swap out the Travel Control solenoid with the old 2 speed solenoid and that didn't work either. The only way this works good is without the Travel Controller solenoid plugged in. Any ideas what might be causing this. It only effects the left peddle operation both forward and backward. Everything else works as it should. TIA