The 720A Motor runs (when you bypass the neutral safety relay) and the hydraulics work but when you engage to move forward or reverse the grader doesn't move. I have replaced the following: Neutral safety switch and relay Checked with ome meter all transmission cartridges and replace one with dual plugs that was reading bad. Ignition switch I'm located in Ellsworth Co. Kansas and cannot find anyone to make a service call? Please help if you can. Thanks
Is this an 8400 trans if so is the two digit display lit between the two levers if so what is the error code?
Good advice Also check voltage. And there is a micro switch on the shifter that can fail and not give any codes
If it fails you get no power to the shifter or solenoids.
Yes it is. Thanks for your help. The error code was E 4.2. I checked the manual and it stayed neutral safety switch. I have replaced it and checked voltage as well as the neutral safety relay.
Ok thanks!
Thank you! I checked voltage on new replacement switch and changed it out as well. Still no luck. Thank you
Make sure alternator is putting out proper voltage is what I was referring to. Low volts and she won’t go.
Thank you. I just put a new one on it reads 12 volts when engine running.
What year or series is your machine?
Have you checked that the drive shaft between the engine and transmission keeps turning when you engage the transmission ? Perhaps the clutch is slipping
1985 720A
Should read about 13.5 volts running but 12 should be enough to get it to engage
Are you still bypassing the neutral start relay to start this unit? If you are you have something wrong in your key switch wiring. If it does not get a neutral signal when powers up it will give you that error.
I have a similar issue today with my 720A series 3. Sometimes in the past, when I went to shift into reverse, it stayed in neutral and took a few attempts to get the selector to engage reverse. It was an intermittent thing, only occurring occasionally. However, yesterday it got worse and now it won't select forwards or reverse. The LED gear indicator alternates between the forward gear and the reverse gear numbers, as usual when in neutral, no error codes. The speed selector appears to be able to select higher and lower speeds, according to the gear number indicator, and that has been working most of the time (sometimes you get an attempted upshift that doesn't happen, but next time it works). Also, the engine will start, even if the direction selector is in forwards or reverse, which i assume it shouldn't. We checked the operation of the micro switch on bottom of the selector box and it does seem to be a bit faulty, sometimes not switching, but most of the time it did switch. So we thought it should work the trans (at least on most attempts to shift) well enough until we get a new micro-switch, however it still won't shift at all. Should we check something else now, or just wait to see if the new switch fixes it alone? Thanks.
Great info similar to my issue. I have replaced the neutral safety switch and still have the same issue? Great info and thanks.
Thank you. I not a wireing expert but it looks like I need to reach out to that person. You have been a great help thanks again!
Yep your right it is over 12 volts and close to 13. Thank you
If you are still getting the E4.2 error code check the acc. terminal on the key switch for power down to the micro switch on the bottom of the shifter. I found that sometimes there is a bad connection at the 3 wire connector at micro switch.