Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 140m awd 2010

smej · 2019-08-10 06:06

they are someone who knows if they are possible to build on extra hydraulic outlets. cat in sweden should have $ 30000 for 3 outlets think they should go fix a little cheaper Is it Ls pressure controlled ? With regards Joel

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2019-08-10 06:48

    As far as I know up to 7 additional hyudraulic circuits are available on all M series graders using Cat parts. It would be a simple matter of retrofitting the necessary parts to add anything from 1 to 7 outlets. Is that US$30,000 that PON Cat is asking to do the upgrade..? I just looked up some numbers that I had from 10 years ago and at that time an extra 3 functions installed on a new machine on the production line was approximately US$16,000. For a retrofit to an existing machine the labour to do the modificaiton would have to be factored on top of that. TBH the $30k you have been quoted seems to stack up from the 10-year-old information I have.

  2. #2smej2019-08-11 09:46

    yes they were pon cat Are thet possible to mount themselves?

  3. #3Nige2019-08-11 09:51

    I don’t see why not, but I don’t know how much you might save. How much of the total price was labour cost.?

  4. #4smej2019-08-11 11:06

    Are they someone who mounted aftermarket hydraulics on a cat grader?

  5. #5Nige2019-08-11 11:27

    I doubt it, because a lot of the parts involved will be proprietary Cat items, even down to some of the controls for the extra functions that fit in the cab.