Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1985 d31a-17 floor pedals?

mark brennan · 2019-03-26 20:50

3 pedals on the floor.. one on the left and 2 on the right. Trying to learn how to operate on my own. Bought an owners manual but not any real help. What are the functions of these floor 3 pedals? I’ve been operating it without using them but not sure I’m doing it correctly..feels weird not pressing a clutch when going from drive to reverse. Don’t wanna do any damage the transmission. sorry for the newbie questions

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-03-27 10:37

    Does this help ?

  2. #2mark brennan2019-03-27 11:46

    My machine is much older than that schematic but yeah.... kinda what I suspected. Parking brake on left and deceleration pedal and brake pedal on the right... thanks a million.

  3. #3buckfever2019-03-27 18:35

    If it’s like my d37 one pedal is the brake and the other is a inching pedal. Is your direct drive?

  4. #4mark brennan2019-03-27 19:17

    I have no clue if it’s direct drive. Sorry. Brand new to this stuff. Been a high voltage lineman for the utility for 25+ years but have zero clue about these types machines

  5. #5mark brennan2019-03-27 19:24

    My Manual says it has a hydro shift trans..?