Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1985 John Deere 410B Questions

BillS ยท 2018-04-10 13:08

Does anybody know a good source to get the manuals for the JD 410B? I think there is an Operators, Parts, Repair, and Technical, any others that I should be looking for? The local dealer has been slow to respond with pricing and availability and it looks like there are a few different variations available on the net. Also, are there any good salvage/parts websites out there? I am looking for the complete seat assembly. I picked up the tractor last Fall with a computer chair strapped in to the seat mount on the floor and I am starting to get sick of it. Also looking for a few other cab parts. Finally, I noticed a little bit of oil in the coolant. While I am waiting for manuals, does anyone have any advice on how to go about troubleshooting this? I did not see any coolant in the oil when I did an oil change and the tractor starts right up and runs fine all day. I am hoping that its just the oil cooler since this is probably the cheapest/easiest fix so I would like to start there. What are the techniques to confirm/rule out the oil cooler leaking? Is it safe to bypass the oil cooler, how long could I run it, and how long do you think it would take for the oil to clean out of the coolant if this was the issue?

Replies7
  1. #1hammertime2018-04-10 20:30

    I cannot help with mechanical. I have been looking at backhoe seats. considering my machines seat from Case is over $3100. This one is a steal.

  2. #2BillS2018-04-14 08:59

    Thanks for the tip, that looks promising.

  3. #3ovrszd2018-04-14 15:50

    For manuals check out this lengthy thread. HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4BGSnow2018-04-18 20:58

    BillS I bought a JD510B a couple of months ago, and I have been looking for probably may of the things you are looking for. I just bought a brand new JD OM manual, new from; http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/ I think it was about $65 delivered to my house. Based on the prices I have seen on Ebay and other laoctions, it seemed like a good deal. Anyway, we should stay in touch, since the 410B and the 510B share a lot of the same "stuff"

  5. #5BillS2018-05-06 09:26

    I ended up buying the OM from the dealer, $69. It didnt even occur to me that mud season is the busiest time of the year for them with everyone getting machines ready while its too wet to use them. I also scored a used tech manual (TM1285) for $100. It covers the 410B and 510B. It looks like the Part Manuals are online at the website. Kind of striking out on the seat. KM has one for the 310 that I may be able to work with, but doesn't seem like there is any bolt in replacements out there.

  6. #6doublewide2018-05-06 19:01

    I have the same year same tractor. Bought it in 2001. Bought the books from the dealer. Try these guys for a seat; http://www.brokentractor.com/john_deere_industrial_john_deere_backhoe_parts.asp

  7. #7cpedwards2018-05-19 22:09

    I have 410b I bought a manual online you download onto computer. I think I paid 28.00 about 1500 pages alot of info kinda hard to scroll thru it all I could print if needed