just picked up my first dozer. Machine runs great. In fantastic shape for its age and very well taken care of/maintained. Discovered a small hydraulic leak directly underneath the lever which operates the blade side to side. Not sure what exactly the “cylinder/piston housing” is actually called. It’s a very small leak. Only leaks when I move that particular lever to operate the blade side to side. Maybe a few drips everytime I operate that lever only. Looks as if this leak has been happening for a very long time and never addressed. Is it even worth digging into this to make repairs? This machine is only to be lightly used for track maintenance. Thanks for all your information Mark
I think it’s called the blade control valve This an easy enough job to tackle or don’t bother for such a small leak? Or maybe “6 way control valve” ? Obviously I’m gonna need a owners manual as well... any suggestions where I might find one?
I often see a guy in Europe selling Series 17 manuals on eBay. Do an eBay search & save it...then they email you when manuals get listed.
Will do. Thanks for the info jim With the amount of grime buildup, it’s obvious the slow drip has been happening for quite some time. Other than that issue, dozer appears flawless