Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3k2 LGP pros and cons

jwest75801 ยท 2018-11-25 20:01

Hey guys I'm looking at up grading to a newer machine. I would like to know the pros and cons on this machine. I've had a D3c III lgp that I've had for 10 years it's been a great machine and has done everything I've wanted. It's just getting some hours and need to upgrade. I've looked at 4's and 5's but can't really see much point to go bigger if there's not any more weight to them for the power. I'm not wanting it really fancy on the inside but I am wanting cab with air for sure like the one pictured below. I'm tired of eating dirt. Thank you for any info!

Replies8
  1. #1rondig2018-11-26 00:22

    If it is the right size for u...go for it...i never liked d3...too small for most jobs we do....650 deere is what we use now. He had a d3 d5 and a couple of 550 case....d5 was awesome with high track.. But cost to much to run and move....650 takes a little more time to do job....gets less traction in reverse....but makes the numbers work...so if the d3 makes the numbers work for u...then have at it man...good luck....and all new machines have the nice smell...lol

  2. #2jwest758012018-11-27 20:18

    Yes sir I understand I think what I'm looking for is info on the machine it's self.

  3. #3rondig2018-11-27 20:28

    I dont think many will respond....in my whole area i was the only one to own a d3..they are not a good size for the price

  4. #4jwest758012018-12-02 18:01

    I'm really looking for input on the new k series I guess. I have had a 3 for ten yrs the one in the picture and I've done things people said I couldn't with it and it's still a good machine.

  5. #5jwest758012019-04-10 23:19

    Well I guys I thought I would post a update! I bought the D3k2 it had 2.5 hrs on it on feb 10 and now has 350hrs on it. All I can say is I am overly impressed with the machine. It is awesome don't let the "little" machine fool you it is a pushing some of a gun. I have moved thousands of yds of dirt and moved thousand of tons of ballist I am super happy with my purchance? They are more than a finish Dozer as some call them

  6. #6Sturgill2019-05-03 08:52

    I have the D5K for about a year, very pleased. Mine has the upgraded console with grade control. Im on the fence as if I like the grade control, I sometimes I think I can do better by just the feel.

  7. #7Pawel Rzedzian2022-11-18 13:25

    Hey guys,I have a question about the difference between D3K2 XL vs D3K2 LGP

  8. #8Welder Dave2022-11-19 01:01

    I would guess the LGP has wider pads and a wider blade. Someone else should be able to clarify this.