Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1986 cat 211

HootyHoo2012 ยท 2012-12-13 18:20

hey guy i have a chance to pick up a 86 cat 211 7500hrs for around 12k was wondering if anyone has any input on this machine is the price ok? its and older machine but looks as if it is in great shape has a perkins diesel and a thumb, mainly going to use it as a land clearing machine dig stump rocks make some room in the woods for the newer equiptment prob do some septics with it ext.. do you think its to old and slugish under powered? should i pass or does it sound pretty good.. any info would be awseom Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1HootyHoo20122012-12-14 15:12

    noone has any input on this machine and experience running one working on one?

  2. #2xcmark2012-12-15 11:46

    for 12K I cant buy much of a machine in my area , if its clean ,tight and strong I would say go for it. I dont have any insite as to that machine but like I said there isnt any machines priced that low unless they are scrap value and not working around here.

  3. #3xcmark2012-12-16 01:00

    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/3472326758.html just by chance i found one in my area for sale also.