Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1987 CAT 426B backhoe front bucket control and valve

khurl51 · 2026-02-13 21:07

hi guys this is my first time posting here and I am fairly new to this website . I have a 1987 CAT 426B backhoe with a Perkins Diesel engine and I am re doing the floor boards due to the rust and rot that lovely Massachusetts has to offer. after opening up the floor I realized the linkage for the bucket control was in rough shape as well , and rather than buy every single piece separately from cat and reassemble it myself ,id like to see if someone has one or a lead on one ,its probably a long shot but its worth a try .other than that the machine has been great to me for plowing my driveway and doing all my projects . any info ,tips, and tricks for this machine are always appreciated since its getting harder and harder to find info on these older machines thanks guys

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2026-02-13 21:39

    It’s probable that aftermarket equivalent parts may well be available for most of what you are looking for. With a Parts Manual you could search for alternatives using OEM Part Numbers. Post a machine Serial Number and the appropriate Parts Manual covering it can be identified.

  2. #2khurl512026-02-15 21:04

    thanks for the response ! I've been in contact with my local cat dealer and they have been a great help .it just seems like it would be much easier to buy the whole unit from a used machine ,rather than rebuilding mine . I'd rather the plug and play scenario so to speak(the easier way out I guess is what I'm trying to say ) my serial number is 7bc00478 . I'll attach the diagram that the cat dealer gave me . thanks again

  3. #3khurl512026-02-24 20:26

    I ended up finding a whole used assembly for $250 ,plug and play from dukes Equipment . CAT was up in the area of around $2k just for the PARTS to rebuild the assembly myself and that basically included a bunch of fancy washers and a couple of threaded joint ends . I'm glad I went the used route and saved a good part from being turned into scrap metal