Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1987 CAT 426b backhoe front bucket dumps fast but takes a long time to curl back in

khurl51 ยท 2026-02-24 20:32

just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue before ,the loader arms seem to work fine going up and down and the bucket dumps normal but when I try to curl the bucket back in it takes a while ( probably around 30ish seconds ) do you guys think its a linkage adjustment issue or something else ? thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-02-24 20:44

    If you operate another function at the same time as the bucket curl does it make any difference to the speed .?

  2. #2khurl512026-02-25 20:28

    no change in speed , even as I drop the loader arms and try curling the bucket in at the same time its still slow or if I put it in neutral and raise the rpm's its still the same speed .

  3. #3Simon C2026-02-25 22:56

    Kind of sounds like either you have the curl cylinders by-passing or inside the control valve you have a by-pass going on. There was a post just about a week ago where the boom would not raise and think it was seats in the control valve that were not good. If I find it I will post date. Simon C

  4. #4pittsburgh cat man2026-02-25 23:01

    For some reason I'm Thinking that is first valve in resolver circuit Try working the steering while curling