Can any one help me get my hours meter working again, having read some posts I can see the w connector on the alternator needs checking, I seem to remember someone saying check some sort of worm drive or something, but I can't find the thread, help much appreciated.
that year model probably a cable (worm) drive follow from hour meter to see where it connects if its inner cable, its can be fixed with a unversial cable from a auto supply
Thanks, I'll have a look, any idea where/what it might connect to?
no, trace it out
It's on the front of the motor. The tach drive on my machine was roached so I replaced it and just mounted an hr/tach meter in the engine bay Part numbers for the drive are 1446059M1, 1853144M1, 1853368M1, 2758346. Fits many machines.
Amazing, thank you casey518
Did you get the factory tach working also? That tach cable runs very close to the exhaust from the factory, and if it siezes, it will chowder the angle drive. Also if the drive you bought doest have a grease fitting you may want to fit one , or inject it with tach cable grease regularly because it gets no lube from the engine. I have purchased very nice replacement cables with the clip on the tach end from ontrackmachinery.com very resonably priced...esp compared to JCB. And Im pretty sure thats a NLA number from JCB iirc
That's great advice GEOD998, I've yet to get at it and have a look, knowing it's close to the exhaust gives me a good idea on the direction to look, in others groups people struggle with the same thing so I'll pass your advice on. Thank you.