I'm having a new issue with my 310C. Just cropped up. I have (2) lockout switches. (1) on gear lever selector and (1) on loader bucket control. In order to get the machine to move I have to hold the clutch lockout button on gear selector to make it move. While holding switch everything it will move forward and in reverse. The reverser has a 2 wire solenoid on it. I don't have a manual to troubleshoot it. What or where should I be looking for as the source of the problem?
Welcome to HEF mtglosser . I believe the 2 clutch lockout switches are both normally closed. Sounds like the switch on the gear selector has failed open.
The one on the loader doesn't work at all. The gear shifter one needs to be held to move hoe. Which is the opposite of the way it was designed. I'm thinking that clutch solenoid is normally closed with power all the time and when you press button power is cut. I'm also assuming the 2 wires that go to solenoid are one for shifter and one for bucket. All a guess as I don't have a schematic or manual yet.
The 2 wires on the solenoid are for power and ground, nothing else. I will bet if you were to hold the gear shift button you could control the clutch with the loader switch.
Sorry, Im my sleep deprived state I was talking out my a**. Both switches are normally open. Find some screenshots of verbage and the wiring diagram from the manual. Note, The manual calls the gear lever selector switch a foot switch. . .
Thanks...gives some sense of how to troubleshoot