Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1988 508 cat cable skidder – winch question/help

hutchinsonlogging · 2026-04-13 09:35

Hi, I'm Bob, and been logging for over 40 years. I now had to go back in business and bought a cat cable skidder. Does anyone have one of these and/or knows where to put the fluid into for the winch? Where is it located? A diagram would help. Also, need to know what kind of fluid it takes. Can't seem to find this info any where. Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-04-13 09:57

    If you can post up a machine Serial Number then it may be possible to track down a manual for it.

  2. #2hutchinsonlogging2026-04-13 10:08

    The 508 winch serial number is 9DA00390.

  3. #3Nige2026-04-13 10:16

    Not much help. Need the machine Serial Number as a starting point.

  4. #4Nige2026-04-13 12:00

    So if the machine S/N starts with either 9NC or 2HD then the manual you require is Cat Publication reference SEBU6037. I can’t see anything in the online marketplaces but the manual is available for download from Cat for $52. Just put SEBU6037 in the box and click Search. Cat Publications Online - Order Cat® Parts and Operation Manuals Online Official source for Caterpillar® parts catalogs, operator and maintenance manuals, and service manuals for all Cat machines and engines. Purchase yours today! catpublications.com I can’t access anything online to help you with details of the winch lubricant or how to check it.