Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1988 johndeere 410c

kurt wakefield ยท 2016-08-25 07:02

good morning, I have a 410c johndeere and I am trying to locate the main pressure relief valve for the backhoe part of the machine nortrax is telling me that it is on the right hand side of the vavle body as you are looking towards the front of the machine I have removed a few hoses on what I thought might be it but to no avail it was not there could you tell me where it is located im assuming it is near the valve bank

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2016-08-25 08:40

    Since it's a closed center system, I'm not sure if there is a main relief valve on the backhoe part? What's it doing?

  2. #2kurt wakefield2016-08-25 10:07

    john dere 410c the back hoe has no power, the loader works fine

  3. #3Delmer2016-08-25 10:49

    Well, what do I know? I'll see what I can find...

  4. #4lantraxco2016-08-25 15:10

    Question: do the stabilizers work up and down? The pump feeds a priority valve, which looks like it splits the flow depending on need for the steering/brakes, loader, and backhoe. Oil flow from the priority valve is to the stabilizer valve first and then the backhoe controls. If the stabilizers are dead, I would bet on a problem in the priority block (first valve unit the pump output line runs to) if the stabilizers work, the backhoe main relief is in the end cover of the backhoe valve stack.

  5. #5mg23612018-10-29 12:51

    First do you have a manual (TM1468)? You may want to get one. Tough to explain over the thread how to check pressures. 410C does not use the relief valve that is mounted in the priority valve as a pressure control. It is set higher than the system pressure (not to say it can't be the problem). It has a radial piston pump with a stroke control valve mounted on it that controls system pressure. I would find a way to get that pressure checked. It takes a lot less pressure to raise the loader than it does the backhoe. Charge pressure for the hydraulic pump is 100 psi and hydraulic pump standby pressure is 2750 psi. Check the inlet screen to the priority valve (which I think is mounted on the right frame under machine between the reverser and transaxle). It would be the large plug on the side of the priority valve closer to the top.