Since I am fairly new to this old machine, which I love BTW.....very handy around the property. I am considering picking up a very simple, single ram, universal backhoe type bucket for digging ditches and such. I was out looking at my aux hyd system, and been doing research on-line but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. My question is this....does the aux hydraulic system on my machine work in two directions, or only one. There is a foot pedal assembly with two pads on it....tilts either left or right....and the control valve down below has 4 lines running through it. But with my limited knowledge and experience with hyd systems I can't seem to figure out if it only sends fluid out in one direction, or two by pressing the foot pedal to the left or right. If the system works in two directions then plumbing the hyd ram on the bucket will be nice and easy, but if not then I will have to add a control assembly. Any help in understanding this is greatly appreciated.
Haven't seen one yet, that only operates 1 way. I suggest you find an operator's manual, for your machine. Controls can be electric or hydraulic...
On my '89 1845c, one side of the petal turns my auger one way, and turns it the other way when I step on the other side. Same with angling my snow blade. Hope this helps.
Interesting post. The digger will probably be nice for around-the-farm occasional digging. I'd love to hear from those who have used these smaller diggers how they perform vs a dedicated backhoe ..what the good and bad are. Case sold the D125 backhoe which was a popular attachment at the time, before the smaller excavators became popular. You can still find them but they usually aren't cheap. Something like what you are looking at would probably be good for occasional digging. The Case attachment system (plate primarily) for backhoes wasn't as sturdy as the Bobcat system. https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/hvo/6062200048.html
Thank you for the replies.....I thought it might be so with the foot pedal that worked in two directions, but wanted to make sure. I will post up how I like the new digger when I get it and start using it. Will be handy to have since I am working on building a 40x60 shop this year.