Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 246 need help

Moonlite ยท 2017-04-04 22:55

I have ordered the timing cover gasket 2 times the second time I ordered it cat told me they sent the right part number the first time . Told them maybe right part numbers but wrong part. The I got the same gasket both times. Going by machine serial and engine serial numbers it's correct. They want the old gasket to compare to only problem is it's in a 1000 peices

Replies8
  1. #1Moonlite2017-04-04 22:56

    More pics

  2. #2Moonlite2017-04-04 22:58

    More pics

  3. #3Moonlite2017-04-04 22:58

    One gasket is for cover and one is for plate between cover and block

  4. #4Cmark2017-04-05 01:19

    152-6738 is the gasket that goes between the back-plate and the block. 152-6736 is the correct one but for the wrong serial number break. That's a pretty amateurish mistake on the part of your dealer. You need 195-3709. If they won't take the wrong gaskets back because they've been opened, argue with them. From the information you've given, it's entirely their fault.

  5. #5Moonlite2017-04-05 21:11

    Thanks cmark. Called this morning and gave them the part number you gave. Response was they are working on it and I will have parts in drop box in the Morning.

  6. #6Moonlite2017-04-06 23:09

    Cmark you hit the nail on the head with part number thanks

  7. #7Cmark2017-04-07 03:14

    That was the easy bit. The hard bit is getting someone to admit that they're wrong.

  8. #8Moonlite2017-04-16 23:26

    Wasn't so much after placing blame as I was to just get the machine going.