In the book and for the sticker next to the Hydraulic Tank it states to use 10w-30 without the HTO premix. My Case dealer says to use the Premix (Of Course). Does anyone know the reason why the premix was added for later models? Will it help or hurt me to use it? Thanks
I had this same question just a few months ago. Mine is also a 1989. You don't need the HTO. Case changed drive motors during their run and the newer ones needed the HTO. I believe the vast majority of 1845c's need the HTO, and this is why the dealer is steering you in this direction. Verify that you have the gear box bewteen the drive motors and the chain case. If so, you don't need the HTO. Don't forget to service this gearbox. Hope this helps.
I am not showing a gearbox in the book. Where is it and what does it look like? How would you service it? Thank you very much for responding....
Planetary gearbox is between drive motor and chain case and is to be serviced with 80/90w.
You are correct. How do you get to the bottom drain plug? It looks like it is unreachable. Thanks
One more question. If the previous owner was adding HTO do you think I could harm something by not adding?