Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1989 CAT 245 Electrical schematic need it desperately

Gallagherland · 2024-01-14 17:15

1989, cat 245 excavator, electrical drawings I guess we needed

Replies25
  1. #1Joe H2024-01-14 17:46

    You'll get nothing without a serial number. Joe H

  2. #2Nige2024-01-14 18:08

    Like Joe says, need a Serial Number to identify the correct electrical schematic.

  3. #3Gallagherland2024-01-15 02:50

    95V179

  4. #4Nige2024-01-15 09:52

    Attached a wiring schematic for all 95V machines from first built up to S/N 470. Not perfect but it's the best I can find.

  5. #5Nige2024-01-15 12:19

    Here's a schematic for later Serial Numbers which might help fill in some blanks when read in conjunction with the one I posted earlier. BTW your machine is far earlier than 1989 if you posted the Serial Number correctly. The earliest 95V machine I can conclusively date is 95V406 and that was built in March 1976.

  6. #6Gallagherland2024-01-17 21:05

    Very Grateful The parts manual that came with the machine are from 89 I assumed they were accurate. Nevertheless the Schematics you sent me were on point. Thankyou

  7. #7Nige2024-01-17 22:22

    If it helped to resolve whatever issue you had no thanks are necessary. BTW are you sure the Serial Number you posted earlier was correct.?

  8. #8Gallagherland2024-01-22 09:46

    95v1079 is the correct serial number I was given In accurate number previously as you mentioned. There are a few changes that have left me at a stand still. Do you by chance have the The schematics for 95v1079

  9. #9Nige2024-01-22 10:03

    I do, but it is a scanned copy of a paper document and quite frankly not worth a the paper it's printed on because the quality is so poor. I attach it here. The only thing that may help is the Cat Publication reference number - SENR7882. If you can somehow get hold of a paper copy of it that might be a solution.

  10. #10Gallagherland2024-01-22 13:10

    95v1079 is the correct serial number I was given In accurate number previously as you mentioned. There are a few changes that have left me at a stand still. Do you by chance have the The schematics for

  11. #11Nige2024-01-22 14:24

    Your machine 95V1079 was born on 12th February 1982 BTW.

  12. #12Gallagherland2024-01-22 21:34

    Question Do the Coolant and oil pressure switches need to be connected for the unit to turn I have 25 V at my starter solenoid and win engaging the starter. All I get is a clicking.

  13. #13Gallagherland2024-01-22 21:37

    In the cab, my negative disconnect is working and the only other thing that’s working in the cab is a blower motor

  14. #14Nige2024-01-23 13:50

    I assume you mean for the engine to crank.? I don't think so, unless someone has installed some weird & whacky aftermarket shutdown system on the machine. So has your problem been a "No Crank" one all along and that's why you were asking for the electrical schematic.? Has the starter motor been tested, either on the machine or removed.? You say you hear a clicking. Does the engine try to turn at all.? This needs some input from the electrical experts.

  15. #15Gallagherland2024-01-23 14:59

    no harness got caught up n fan a lot of the wires are hard to read because age and discoloration. The machine was parked for a year or so because of electrical issues ( Batteries wouldn’t hold a charge they burnt up a starter. Things of that nature. All I can get is a click. No crank

  16. #16Joe H2024-01-23 15:38

    Is the starter clicking, or a relay somewhere ? Engage starter & hit it with a hammer. Anything happen ? Joe H

  17. #17Gallagherland2024-01-23 20:06

    nothing !! pulled starter tip of gear all chew up. Starter Locked up ground tested. replacing starter Any other suggestions

  18. #18Joe H2024-01-23 20:39

    OK, I'm lost. What is wrong with the machine, and when was it last not wrong ? Is this a new to you machine, history unknown or what? Are you saying you put a new starter on and all you get is a click, or old starter was the clicker? Need some background as from what I've read above I have no idea what's going on. Harness at front of engine is destroyed but what else? You can jump to the starter and NOthing, or ignition switch gets you nothing? Or both ? Joe H

  19. #19Gallagherland2024-01-24 00:53

    sorry Ok there was damage to the wiring harness at the back of the machine from the fan blade on cooling system . The ignition switch was taken apart. Using the wiring diagrams that I got off the form, I was able to repair the wiring harness put some charge the batteries in the Machine and crank it over. I got nothing but a quick click. Which I assumed was from the starter relay with a meter. I checked all my voltages starter, starter relay, 60 amp fuse block, with and without a load. Everything seems fine. So I tryed the hammer trick got nothing. Pulled starter bench tested. Locked up. Plan on trying new starter tomorrow . I believe I have all the Necessary wire from the harness connected there are a few wires not connected that I’m not sure of is it possible that one of those wires would prevent a crank Sorry if I was jumping around in the thread. There’s a foot of snow on the ground and I don’t last long at n the cold.

  20. #20Gallagherland2024-01-24 00:56

    Same Machine serial number 95V1079

  21. #21Joe H2024-01-24 01:17

    Me too. Snow is for post cards, not my drive. Joe H

  22. #22Gallagherland2024-01-24 02:11

    I’m from Phoenix Az helping family in Detroit Thanks for understanding

  23. #23Gallagherland2024-01-25 06:24

    After starter replacement i now have crank!!!! Should fuel solenoid Initialize when the key is in the auxiliary position

  24. #24Nige2024-01-25 18:03

    How many wires are there on the fuel stop solenoid - two or three.? I may have some good news regarding an electrical schematic for your machine I have tracked down a complete paper service manual suitable for all machines 95V1 and Up. Amongst all the other sections it also includes a paper copy of SENR7882. Are you, or the machine owner, interested in buying it.?

  25. #25Gallagherland2024-01-25 18:54

    What is the cost