Any ideas why a CAT D3C won't move? This guy is selling it pretty cheap as he says everything works as it should; however, it just won't move. If I do all the work myself, what could be the issue and what kind of parts expense would I be looking at to see if feasible for me to even look it?
First check the trans. oil level and see what it looks like. You could check if it smells burnt. Impossible to say what is wrong and how much it will cost. If it has 3F/1R trans. you could remove the 3 bolts on the back under the floor board and check the screen for black particles. This is a tell tale sign the trans. needs some work and has to come out. If it has the 3F/3R trans. you could remove the filter and cut it open to check. Generally they are a good trans. because the machine isn't high HP. I'm not sure if the trans. can be removed separate from the engine. In the loader version it comes out with the engine.
Thanks much! I'm not sure that I'm gonna bite on this one...it caught my interest for $7500.00; however, I think buying a new attachment fornmy skid I just got running will take priority. Thx!