Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1989 F800 Diesel Sensor Assembly

TobyA ยท 2022-08-10 09:10

There is a temperature sensor in the top of the radiator that I need to replace. The tag is still on it but all I can read is the following: E9HT-10???-AA SENSOR ASSEMBLY. Cannot make out the rest. Does anyone know/have a valid part number? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1mekanik2022-08-10 09:11

    That looks more like a coolant level probe to me.

  2. #2TobyA2022-08-10 09:17

    THANKS Any idea how to test and where would the temp sensor be? It a inline 6 diesel. Thanks again

  3. #3mekanik2022-08-10 09:37

    What engine is in it? Test the level sensor with an ohm meter. It should have a very high resistance. Is there a low coolant light on when the key is on and the sensor disconnected?

  4. #4TobyA2022-08-10 10:48

    I believe 6.6l but was told 7.8l but it diesel. I'll try to test. No low coolant light but not sure where they are. My biggest concern is the temperature gauge as my wife will be driving it while we do pond cleanouts. I need to make sure it's working so she can keep an eye on it. I noticed there are two temp sensors on the back of the thermostat housing. Is it possible to connect an aftermarket gauge to each just to rule out the dash gauge?

  5. #5heymccall2022-08-10 13:23

    Same sensor.

  6. #6TobyA2022-08-10 13:58

    For that price I'll take it! Need all the Bells and Whistles when my wife's driving Thanks Again!

  7. #7TobyA2022-08-10 14:03

    Should be here in a few days!

  8. #8mekanik2022-08-10 20:15

    One of the sensors on the thermostat housing is for a temp gauge the other is probably for a high temp warning light. If you take the wire off the sensor and ground it with the key on the gauge should go to full scale the other should turn on a warning light in the instrument panel.

  9. #9TobyA2022-08-10 20:18

    Thanks. I'll try that in the morning.

  10. #10TobyA2022-08-11 13:06

    Guess I didn't have a good ground when I girst tried it. Light came on and the other made the temp gauge go up. It must really run cool!