Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1989 Komatsu PC130

Nickmatsu ยท 2020-03-17 22:56

New to this and looking to learn. Bought an old Komatsu excavator recently, 1989 with about 8400 hours, runs great and still strong, though it looks like a 1989. It was listed as a PC130 which is consistent with the marking on the body. Now that I'm beginning to service, replace, and repair I'm finding difficultly finding any info on it. There are a few PC130 series/suffixes and I cannot find any that were made in 1989. Any help here? Any info appreciated. Nick

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2020-03-18 00:31

    I would guess by your year of manufacture that it is a Dash 3 machine. A serial number would help. I have a video that show maintenance on Dash 5 machines and they are similar enough to give you the idea of what needs to be done. The link is below. Komatsu Excavator Maintenance

  2. #2SterlingR2020-03-20 15:26

    Another question might be does it have long levers or short levers for the hydraulic controls?

  3. #3Nickmatsu2020-03-20 15:49

    Hey guys thanks for the responses, just went back to the original bill of sale and the manual I ordered and realized I had made a mistake with the model number I post here. Its actually a PC60-5, with a 4D95L diesel. Found all my filters and oil types.

  4. #4John C.2020-03-20 18:04

    Stuff is in different places from the video but all the precesses are basically still the same. Have fun!