Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1990 ** 50H stabilizer hoses

joe--h · 2018-05-10 12:27

Center mount type hoe. Stabilizer hose part # is 843388M3. No luck finding them online & my closest dealer is 200 miles & not friendly to boot. So, any idea what size fittings & how long they are? I know I can get them made but right now I'm using it & don't want to disable it any longer than it takes to change a hose. One has started to seep & the others look due for new too. Thanks, Joe H

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-05-10 13:30

    There must be a NAPA store or hydraulic shop near you that could make the hose in 1/2 hour or less. Eventually you will have to stop working the machine because the hose is going to get worse.

  2. #2Equipmentguy2242018-05-10 15:16

    That’s what I did. Took it to my local parts store. Tookthem 10minutes to make it.

  3. #3joe--h2018-05-11 13:53

    Yes, I know NAPA can make something. The question is what are the fittings are they and how long is the hose? I think they are metric but metric what? Joe H

  4. #4Tinkerer2018-05-11 14:16

    Take the hose off, take in to the store and have it matched. Its gotta come off sooner or later. The sooner the better, the way oil prices are going.

  5. #5Buickspec62312018-05-11 17:33

    Joe, I just changed those same hoses on my 50H, I took them to Napa and had them matched up. I am 90% positive my hoses were 3/8" with -8 JIC fittings. I'll check tomorrow when I get to the tractor to confirm, measure length, and report back. Cost me about $25/hose to replace. Parts manual from AGCOpartsbook.com lists the hose as 3/8" x 38.5" long. http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/book.aspx?book=agco/819722

  6. #6joe--h2018-05-11 21:28

    Finally an answer to my question other than take it to NAPA. I know if I have the fitting size and length of the hose I can have a much better hose for less money on line. NAPA here high dollar for maroons to fab a hose that looks like home made sheet. Thanks Buick. I have the factory parts book but it does not list the dimension that the on line version does. Now I know the length, I had guessed it was 3/8 from looking at it so making progress. Next question, metric or SAE? Joe H

  7. #7Welder Dave2018-05-11 21:48

    There's got to be other places than Napa that can make hoses.

  8. #8Buickspec62312018-05-11 22:25

    Joe, -8 JIC is the fitting size and type on my tractor. JIC is a 37* flare. I have no way to verify if that is the factory style fitting or if somewhere along my tractor's previous life the fittings had been changed or swapped over. I only changed hoses on mine, and not the male fittings. Below is a google search of the -8 JIC fittings with pictures. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..5.0.0....0.TVhhu-Kcozk

  9. #9joe--h2018-05-11 23:18

    Dave, there is a hydraulic shop about 100 miles south of me, but nobody local.

  10. #10joe--h2018-05-11 23:20

    Buick, I'll give it a try & see what happens. Joe H