I broke one of the injectors off flush with where it goes in. Would an easy out work? Not liking this at all. I saw posts that said the injectors would be toast by the time they came out so I wasn't very genteel with the removal process. I got two out and broke the third. Anyone help me? PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
If it broke off it's not going to be easy out. That will expand it most likely. I don't have the answer. Can you get any guts out so you'd have some room to tap it and pull it out with a bolt? Maybe take apart the worst of the ones you did get out to see what would be the best way to go about it? Wait for better advice?
Do you have the skinny "pencil injectors"?? No way that I know of, w/o removing the head & beating it out from the bottom.. Shoulda borrowed the puller from the parts store.. hind sight is 20/20 tho. My puller costs 130.00 & made specifically for pulling them.. a slide hammer w/ a fork on the end that fits into the grooves on the lower body.. Slide it in & pull straight up.. IF the grooves in the body are still visible.. you might be able to use "the tool"..??
I had this happen once or twice. What Delmer suggested actually worked. Drilled, tapped, and used a makeshift slide hammer to yank it out.
Thank you for the helpful info. I think I'm going to try the drill, tap and bolt way to get it out.
I hope drilling and tapping works for you but be careful not to damage head. And be sure and use neverseize on new injectors.
Well, I got it out. I threaded it and put a bolt in but to me, the sidewalls looked really thin and I didn't think it would come out. I used a bearing puller by loading the bolt with washers and got it up about an inch. I put more washers on and got it a little more but like I was worried about, the threads gave way. With nothing to lose, I put vise grips on it, put a large screwdriver in and turned it and darned if it didn't turn the injector so I got on the front tire and the frame and twisted and pulled and out she came! Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. Oh yeah, I prayed the whole time I worked on it that it would come out and it did!
I never heard of threading a bolt in 1.. but seeing other people have done it, I guess it would work?? The "metal" is so thin that you can bend them w/ your hands.. Can you tell us how you "tried" to get them out in the 1st place?? just so others don't make the same mistake.. Thanks..TPG Glad you got it out.. it "coulda been" a mess..