Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1990 Case 580K Fluids ??

vjsimone ยท 2015-09-07 20:55

my operators manual states "Case TCH Fluid" for the hydraulic system. What is the cross reference for this fluid?

Replies3
  1. #1jimmyjam2015-09-08 20:55

    I'm running "standard" hydraulic fluid in mine. I'll find out the specs.

  2. #2vjsimone2015-09-10 18:53

    So, I went to the case dealer, (I have a manual transmission) and they say like you, that a general fluid is grand, so I found a good deal on 25 gal.. Case also said I can use straight 30 weight motor oil as well. Seems there are different weight fluids as well 22, 32, 46, 68, so I went with the 32...... Thanks.

  3. #3Tinkerer2015-09-10 20:54

    Aw 32 is a good choice for Newfoundland. It is an anti-wear 10 weight oil. Don't use motor oil, it does not have the proper additives in it for a hydraulic system.30 wt. is a just bad advice. Even an AW46, not so good for cold weather starting unless you have the machine in a heated building.