The swing is good on the right, slows down as it should before full lock. On the left it goes all the way over to lock (but not with the dampening from the sequencer) and then it's stuck there. To get back to center I have to lean on the stick (two joystick on this machine plus the two smaller levers for stabs) while simultaneously operating the dipper and it creeps back and then i feel the lever release and it operates normal again. if I stay a few degrees before full left lock it works fine and doesn't lockup. I read through old posts but didn't find similar scenario (and most of the old links don't work). Seems like a problem in the sequencer so I made a couple small adjustments on the link, in and out, to no avail. Also, it was working fine prior to this. does anyone know a way to trouble shoot this fault more effectively?
Before you play with the sequence valve...... You need to be certain that the cam follower is in contact with the camplate during the full swing operation. Be sure the pivot arm is not sticking. Be sure the upper swing tower pin retaining bolt is in place & tight. If the roller has a flat spot on it, because it is seized - replace it, as that is enough to throw things out of whack. Then make the adjustments to suit.
Thanks alrman. I didn't check the swing tower pin retainer. Appreciate the help. I'll probably run it as is until spring as it's still functional. Too friggin cold out now!
Yes, too cold for that crap, unless you’re blessed with a tall garage door and a big playroom, especially if it has HEAT!
I actually can get it in my shop but the machine is at our new property doing the site prep for our new house and shop. It's an hour and a half drive back though. I'll clamp and indicator stick or something to tell me when I reach the point in the left swing when it gets stuck. I have about 80% travel to the left without a problem. The new shop is going to be 16' high inside with a 14' door and heated slab. Much more civilized way to work.