Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1990 case 680L no forward/reverse

SethRoberts1980 · 2023-11-20 16:55

Looking for a sense of direction. I have 1990 case 680L. Absolute beast of machine. It’s been ridden hard and put away wet, but i can’t complain. Anyways she won’t move when placed into gear. I was wondering where the transmission filter is located. Also any other suggestions to as to what i should look at would be great. Quick background i should add to the drama, I did add 10 gallons of hydro tranny fluid. Any part number for the hydraulic filter while i’m on the subject. Thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2023-11-20 18:25

    Welcome to HEF @SethRoberts1980 10 gallons of fluid!? - would have gone into hydraulic tank, not transmission?? There is a transmission cut-out valve on the transmission control valve - which has oil pressure going to it to neutralize the transmission. The valve maybe stuck OR the valve that sends the pressure may have a problem too either hydraulic or electrical.

  2. #2SethRoberts19802023-11-20 18:48

    I need to find a manual for this thing. What type of tranny fluid does it run. I’ll take a look at that cut out valve. If i were to guess it’s going to be an electrical issue. Thank you for help

  3. #3alrman2023-11-20 19:22

    Transmission oil would be a 10W trans oil.

  4. #4SethRoberts19802023-11-20 19:58

    Cool, I’ll take a look tomorrow and i’ll update you with what i find. Thank you again for the help

  5. #5SethRoberts19802023-11-21 15:03

    Ok between two small children and working 12 hrs a day for the week im not giving this project the attention i want to, but here is where i am now. The fluid level is high. I would say 6” about the full level. When i place this girl into gear, i have a black cylinder looking apparatus that actuates and pushes what looks like a brake lever that goes into a drum. This makes me thinks i have an electrical issues that is causing the transmission to kick into neutral.