Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1990 TD8-G Dresser Dozer? Good/Bad

Tazzerblue ยท 2025-05-04 07:36

Tell me about these dozers. Good/Bad and ugly.. Are parts available? undercarriage parts? What engine was used in these? 238 cu. in IH? Power shift? I believe to be a G series.

Replies4
  1. #1g_man2025-05-04 09:09

    I have a 1990 TD7G - same engine as the 8G but no turbo. The engine is labeled as a Dresser 240D but I believe it is a Cummins 239. Dresser and Cummins were in a partnership for a while. I bought mine in 2011 and at that time I was able to get parts through Komatsu at that time. I have not needed parts other than hoses and filters since so I don't know about present day parts but suspect it could be hard to find some. I use mine in the woods for converting old skid trails into tractor roads - So maybe 100 hrs/year average but it has been good to me for that. gg

  2. #2PBEtrucking2025-05-06 07:34

    When I was on my last quest for a small dozer to replace my downright antique john deere, I noticed that anyone that had a TD7 or 8 E or G in my area didn't want to sell it and only spoke highly of them. I know undercarrige parts are all available and a good amount of them were cummins powered, from what I understand the international powered ones are MUCH less desirable and we're usually swapped out when they blew. I did go to look at a td7e that was an hour and a half south of me, tri axle dump with trailer hooked up and ready to buy. Well, glad I ran it for a half hour there, the transmission got weak once hot and I walked away for the 16k he wanted. He asked what would you offer? I said 6k, because it might need a filter, or it might need 10k in parts and 50 man hours to repair.

  3. #3Vetech632025-05-06 08:01

    Parts will be a challenge outside of a salvage. Good machines in their prime, but it's a paperweight when a major failure pops up.

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-05-06 16:18

    Does Minn Parr and/or someone else supply parts for them?