Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1991 case 580sk ? hydraulics

Wayne Sonnet ยท 2022-02-10 20:48

I will in the feature will be needing to replace a seal in a hyd. cylinder on my hoe,lower one. my question is when i remove the fluid from the cylinder what hydraulic fluid will i need to replace it with. the reason i'm asking this is when i picked up the hyd trans plus for my trans axle the counter person told me that i would need to use the same product that i had just purchased, but first I will need to flush out the system first. is that so if not please let me know what you have used in your machines thank you.

Replies2
  1. #1Wayne Sonnet2022-02-11 09:27

    I will in the feature will be needing to replace a seal in a hyd. cylinder on my hoe,lower one. my question is when i remove the fluid from the cylinder what hydraulic fluid will i need to replace it with. the reason i'm asking this is when i picked up the hyd trans plus for my trans axle the counter person told me that i would need to use the same product that i had just purchased, but first I will need to flush out the system first. is that so if not please let me know what you have used in your machines thank you. also if i were to add fluid to it now, not knowing the type of hyd. fluid what would happen.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-02-11 14:17

    Case Hytrans Ultra is the best choice.