Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 sk hy trans change

Wayne Sonnet · 2022-02-10 08:25

I have a 1991 580sk an jjg0161458 and want to change the trans axle fluid. I went to Case and picked up 10 gallons of hy trans fluid at $117.00 dollars for each five galleons. And a hydraulic filter for $67.00. I have a cd that I had pitched off line but it does not tell me what need to be done. So if I could get some guidance into what has to be done i’d appreciate the help. I do recall reading some were that there is a screen that also needs to be cleaned also . Thank you and hope to receive a reply.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-02-10 11:59

    Welcome to HEF, Wayne ! This image is from the 580K Operators manual that I have. Your SK should be the same (similar) procedure.

  2. #2Wayne Sonnet2022-02-10 12:48

    Thank you! now i can chang her fluids,dont know she had this much attention LOL

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-02-10 14:00

    If you need the operators manual or service manual I can share them with you.

  4. #4Wayne Sonnet2022-02-11 09:39

    thank you Tinkerer is there two suction screens to this trans axle.as mention in the directions you posted. will i need to have/replace the o-rings or seals,if so i shell order some.

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-02-11 09:54

    You are most welcome. Should be 2. By all means get the new orings. If you don't you may have a leaker when reusing old ones. Thanks to people at the Minnparr website you can get the service manual for free HERE.