Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1991 hitachi ex200-2lc throttle not responding stuck in “P”

RR Bennett · 2025-10-14 18:17

Im new too forms to start anyways my boss bought this machine very recently and its been sitting for a long time in the past 15 years its only been used once for 3 hours in 2022 when we got it it never started or would shut off from the key I jerry rigged it so it would start from the key could never get it to shut off they machine in very jerky and stalls very easily we took it out on a clearing job and my boss ran it the throttle stopped responding and just lights up in the “P” position i looked at the wiring fixed some connections that looked bad still nothing I read on some old form some people bypassed the computer because of these problems I dont know whats my best opinion some say its the angle sensor on the pump I wanna see if theres anyone out there who have had this problem that knows exactly whats going on if anyone has some advice please let me know thank you Roman

Replies29
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-10-15 09:52

    Welcome to HEF Roman . Is the engine speed stuck at low idle or high idle ? Check all the fuses and also check if any of the 1 amp fuses have been replaced with something of higher rating ? With key on, check if the LEDs on the EC and PVC controllers (behind the seat ) are flashing approximately once per second ?

  2. #2RR Bennett2025-10-15 10:22

    The machine just idles usually no matter when when the key is on theres always a soft humm from the throttle motor now theres nothing I cant find any 1 amp fuses on the fuse panel so thats definitely considering and I did check the leds on the pvc I looked through the little inspection port no flashing red light

  3. #3RR Bennett2025-10-15 10:29

    Last night I ordered a bunch of parts cheep Chinese parts probably not the best thing but its what I could afford I ordered a new angle sensor for the swashplate new angle position sensor for the throttle new throttle motor and a new stop motor and solenoid Also thank you very much for getting back to me I figured it would be hit or miss if someone would respond or not because im a new member

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-10-15 10:39

    With no LED flashing on the PVC and higher amperage fuses in place of the 1amps , a resistor is likely burnt in the PVC. Remove the cover on the PVC and check for signs of damage.

  5. #5RR Bennett2025-10-15 10:45

    Okay I will thank you for your help any advice on what to do if the pvc has damage also I was talking too my boss he said he got in the machine yesterday morning and started it up he said he throttled the machine too E and then it went straight to P and just idled

  6. #6RR Bennett2025-10-15 10:48

    Also do you have a lay out of what amp fuses go where on the fuse panel this one is missing the cover

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-10-15 11:12

    What’s the machine serial # ?

  8. #8RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:20
  9. #9RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:28
  10. #10RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:29

    Thats the first one the second one does have a flashing red light also this is how it loooks at the back of the cab

  11. #11Diesel Dave2025-10-15 11:32

    See fuse layout from the Operators manual in screenshot below. Link to the Deere bookstore with an option to download a free copy of the EX200-2 Operators manual. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=Ex200-2&pattr=p0 . .

  12. #12RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:32
  13. #13Diesel Dave2025-10-15 11:47

    Looking at the pic in post #13, the controller that is still bolted down is the PVC , the other one is the EC.

  14. #14RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:48

    Im assuming this is really bad there isnt a single fuse under 10amp

  15. #15RR Bennett2025-10-15 11:48

    Ah okay so what are the next steps from here

  16. #16Diesel Dave2025-10-15 11:58

    You can check for service codes using the LED on the PVC. See the link to an older thread below. Post #14 shows how to enable the self diagnostic which sets a light blinking sequence, (if there are any codes). HeavyEquipmentForums . . The PVC is the bottom controller and EC is the top controller. Ignore the light on the EC. if there are any codes ,the light on the PVC will blink in a pattern of long and or short sequence.

  17. #17RR Bennett2025-10-15 12:00

    Thank you so much

  18. #18RR Bennett2025-10-15 12:05

    Should I replace the fuses with the proper amperage first i dont have one amps but I do have 2 amps

  19. #19Diesel Dave2025-10-15 12:11

    Order some 1 amps , but for now put 2 amp fuses in EC related fuse positions #2 and #5, see if they blow. Perform the procedure to check for service codes.

  20. #20RR Bennett2025-10-15 12:15

    Did that 2 amp in slot #2 and #5 did not blow when I turned the key on

  21. #21RR Bennett2025-10-15 12:41

    Ok so I shorted the wires its waiting 3 seconds and then 1 flash wait a second another flash then repeat

  22. #22RR Bennett2025-10-15 13:14

    So it definitely has codes I guess I should buy the diagnostic tool also the stop motor keeps acting up it doesnt move and stays in the off position

  23. #23Diesel Dave2025-10-15 14:40

    Can you record a short 20 second video of the flash sequence. You will have to upload the video to somewhere like utube and then post the link.

  24. #24RR Bennett2025-10-15 15:07

    Ok

  25. #25RR Bennett2025-10-15 16:22

    Is it possible if I can email you the video

  26. #26Diesel Dave2025-10-15 16:34

    Sure , I’ll send my contact info. Check your messages.

  27. #27Diesel Dave2025-10-16 06:12

    You were questioning earlier about the engine stop motor operation. Find below 3 screenshots from the manual. . .

  28. #28oh dan2025-10-18 23:19

    I have a 200 lc had problem with the throttle system, lot of the same symptoms as you have ,change the EC sensor and EC motor and then it would run threw the throttle speeds most of the time, got a new problem,some of wires is broke off yesterday to the EC sensor connector and could not idel it down with the contols,

  29. #29RR Bennett2025-10-21 13:29

    I found out that the EC its self had a blow capacitor