Does anyone know anyone that still stocks parts for these machines? I'm in Washington state. I've been having a lot of trouble finding the parts to get this thing back in safe working order. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
I know of Lanway tractor in Oregon. Google “lantraxco.com” If you call tell them you were sent there by HEF.
Darling and Sons in Maltby sell/rent rubber tracked dumps. http://darlingsons.com/dumps/ Not sure if they deal in parts. Maybe they could point you somewhere. Darryl
Thanks guys, I'll check them out and get back with what info I get.
Call Lanway first, Coos Bay Oregon, Don will forget more than what I'll ever know about Morooka machines, he's the wizard.
True. I miss his posts. Darryl
Thank you, I'll check that out.
Go here ........... http://www.lantraxco.com/ Tell Don you were sent by HEF.
I'll do that.
Thanks Nige! Also Wille and Lab... Would help to know what model you're working on Seans, but for most Morooka dumpers we have or can get brake parts.
Hey lantraxco, It's a 1991 mst800e, The parking brake isn't working but I've been out on service calls so I haven't had time to check out the plumbing to see what's what. I just took over the shop and needed a place to order from for the morookas we have here, last guy left me in the dark.
We normally carry those brake plates, but have had a run on them recently. Expecting a large stock order any day now from Europe. In the meantime these might be helpful: Service manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5s33srietu40aq/Service Manual MST Series Rubber Crawler Carrier.pdf?dl=0 Parts book https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct6p6gbesqz6d8h/MST-800E Parts List.pdf?dl=0 The parking brakes are spring applied, so unless they lock up with the engine off, it's not a hydraulic issue. The three port brake valves are notorious for wearing to the point they have no stops, just go around and around, and since the instructions, if they still exist, are in Japanese, there's no easy way to tell which position is supposed to be on or off. I honestly don't remember but I think handle straight ahead is on, sideways is off. YMMV. I have new brake valves on backorder also. Been a busy spring. Don't see brake failures on the smaller machines much though it does happen. The 1500's especially because of the larger motors, if the brake valve isn't clearly marked and the operator is not familiar with the machine, they usually throttle up and work the steering hard until it begins to move, then just keep 'er comin', and lo and behold, after a few minutes it's working pretty good! Of course there's no lining left on the brake frictions.... Cheers, Don
That will be a huge help, the one I have now was flipped over and the frame was cracked. I just started here a month ago and the other guy left things in a bad way, He told me the only thing needed on it was the frame work and a tailgate built. So I welded the frame and used gussets and 2in angle to strengthen it, then went to function test it and found the parking brakes aren't working on it. Unfortunately I had to put it on hold because service calls have been coming in like crazy. Thanks again for the help you guys have offered, any and all is appreciated.
Sounds like you landed in a mud pit of machines that need sorted out, LoL, man I love stuff like that, turn me loose and let me go at it.
Sounds like willie59 is asking for a plane ticket to the left coast.
LoL, naa, I'm quite happy camped out here in the South
We need a couple more guys for sure, if you know anyone in the Auburn Washington area let me know.