953C 2zn02159 Can you tell me what these codes are? 0.30 248F02, 0.79 110F04. Is there somewhere on the web where you can find the codes listed? How, what is the process for clearing codes?
First is Cat Datalink second is engine coolant temperature sensor shorted Are they Active or Logged Codes..? In other words is the "SERV CODE" icon in the corner of the message centre lit up after the dash completes the self-test when you first turn the key on..? Does your machine have the 3 "diagnostic" switches located under the RH armrest..?
Service code goes off after the self test, does not stay on. It does have the 3 diagnostic switches under the RH armrest.
So your Diagnostic Codes are not Active. They were there once but they are not there now. Clearing them is pretty simple. I’ll post a procedure later with a couple of illustrations. Trying to do it from a phone is not a good idea.
Nige, one other issue I am having, the gear box temp light is flashing. I have always used Cat hydo oil in that gear box, per Fabick Cat instructions. I had it in a shop and the mechanic was topping off the box with what i believe was Mobil TDTO. It was after this that the gear box temp started running hot. Do I need to drain and replace this oil?
Diagnostic Codes first ......... below are the switches you have. Turn the key to the ON position and let the panel self-test. The first thing to do for clearing Codes is to put the System in SERVICE MODE. Press and hold the SCROLL switch. You will see the display on the Message Centre change to "- 0 -", followed by "- 1 - ", etc. Keep the SCROLL switch pressed until the display shows "- 3 -" and release it. The system is now in Service Mode. The first of the Diagnostic Codes will appear on the Message Centre. If the Code is a Loogged one as you said before the SERV CODE icon will NOT be lit. Codes that are Active (i.e. SERV CODE icon lit) cannot be erased until they have first been repaired. Repairing the problem turns the Code from Actvie to Logged. Press and hold the CLEAR switch for a second or so. The screen should go blank if the Code has been successfully erased. Release the CLEAR switch. When you release the CLEAR switch the next Code will appear in the Message Centre. Repeat the process for as many Codes as you have logged. After erasing all the Logged Codes, press the SCROLL switch as before and scroll through the various modes until you get back to Mode "- 0 -". Release the SCROLL switch and you are back in normal operation Mode.
PUmp drive gearbox (if that's what you're referring to) the manual calls for a 10W/30 multigrade engine oil. SAE30 TDTO might be a bit on the heavy side for it but I have no personal experience. If your suspicion is correct then the ,aybe best place to start would be to drain the oil and refill it with whatever you were using before with no problems, i.e. the HYDO oil.
Nige, ty sir. I will clear the codes and had the same thot on the pump drive box.
Codes erased. Only thing was I had to hold scroll and clear to bring up Service Mode. I did get them cleared, ty Nige. Pump Drive Box: Found a thread on here where someone said if the box was over full, that would cause it to over heat. I remember seeing the mechanic at the shop where I took it to (for a final drive r&r) adding oil to the box. I went and checked it and it was an inch over the full mark. Dropped the belly pans, drained the oil, filled to the full mark, problem solved.