well one of out backhoes that we euse to pull one of our tow graders lost its power steering the other day ....first we thought low on oil but it was good ,we changed the filters and still nothing . the only time it has power steering is whan you use one of the bucket controls ,but as soon as you stop the steering dies . the pump compensator works fine and i have oil pressure in the signal line off of the hand metering unit .. has anyone exoerienced this kind of failure /?
I'm not familiar with all the components on Cat loader/hoe, but if I was to guess, it sounds like you have a problem with a priority flow divider. You might try sending a private message to Cmark, he might know more about the workings of your machine.
Cat 426 I'm having problems lifting the boom. I've tried replacing "O" rings and resolvers and still nothing. The only way i can lift it is by rolling the bucket and holding pressure on it. Does anyone have any advice.
check resolver valve o-rings theres a procedure to test resolver vaves in the service manual,if i remeber you only need 1 gauge to test them.
Thanks Bobin35, I did change the resolvers and it did nothing, however i don't have a repair manual so i'm not sure of the process of elimanation perhaps someone in this forum can tell me what i should look for. Thanks,
Thanks Bobin35, I did change the resolvers and it did nothing, however i don't have a repair manual so I'm not sure of the process of elimination perhaps someone in this forum can tell me what i should look for. Thanks,
sounds like you have the same problem im having but on a different circut ? well we never got around to testing ours ,we had the resolvers out and just about the whole tractor apart....we got a book now so we can run the tests . did you try looking online for a repair/man??