Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 Case580 SuperK Rear Boom issue

JCORN ยท 2017-01-11 10:43

The rear boom will not swing to the left but will swing to the right. I have put a new relief valve in the swing sequence body but that didnt fix it may have put it in wrong spot since there is 2 reliefs. It will swing left if i pull out on the rod going to swing sequence body

Replies3
  1. #1oceanobob2017-01-15 09:02

    I rebuilt the mechanism (little roller) etc and it took a bit of fussing to get it right.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-01-15 11:21

    You may need to open the swing cylinder, remove the rod and gland and take a look at everything. The bolt/nut that holds the gland on may be unscrewed.

  3. #3JCORN2017-01-15 19:36

    I Got it fixed I adjusted the rod that goes back to the sequence valve a little tighter and it fixed it. I guess over the years it has wore down and or the rod come out of adjustment over the years . Thanks Oceanobob and Tinkerer for the help i really apreciate it.