Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 Cat D5C Manuals

Dave303223 · 2022-11-14 22:48

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have been finding answers for my Equipment by just searching this site, thanks to all for your help. I'm picking up a 1993 Cat D5C, SN 6PJ00785 and can't seem to find a manual for it (I like hard copies). The ones I have found show for SN 6PJ1 and up. Also, what series is a 93 seems like only info I'm seeing is on 1995 and above. All I see is series III info on the internet, what series is a 93? Anyone have a source for manuals? Cat site didn't show my SN range in manuals. Thanks for any help, Dave

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2022-11-15 04:22

    6PJ1-Up is shorthand for "from first machine built". So anything marked that way will suit your machine. Manuals are as follows: - SEBU6401 - Operation & Maintenance SEBP1994 - Parts SENR5210 - Service. This is not available from the Cat web site but you might find a used copy on one of the internet marketplace sites. Pricey, a new one is $750. D5C Series I (although they were never badged that way) 6PJ-prefix started production in 1991 and ended in 1993. 6PJ00813 was the last machine built. There was never a Series II D5C, the Series III models started production at the back end of 1993.

  2. #2Dave3032232022-11-15 11:11

    Thanks Nige, great info! I can now feel confident in getting the right used manuals. I find it interesting that Cat, a company thats been around so long, doesen't have alot of repo manuals for the D5c out there. I was able to find a complete new manual set for my Case 580b but no new repos of the D5c, its old enough to be out of copy right I would think? Anyway thanks so much for the info!

  3. #3Nige2022-11-15 12:59

    I think the problem is that the market is so small it doesn't really justify reproductions. Look at your machine for example, only just over 800 were built - ever. There are people on eBay advertising "will fit" manuals from Eastern Europe/Baltic States but I haven't heard a good review of them yet, but have heard loads of not-so-good ones.......

  4. #4Dave3032232022-11-15 20:14

    Did find a couple on ebay, look ok shape around $300 and change guess I'm going to pony up, got to have manuals (at least I do).

  5. #5Nige2022-11-16 04:00

    I had seen a couple also, maybe the same ones. Always worth asking the seller if the manual is complete. Inside that binder are a large number of separate documents. The first sheet is an index (the seller’s photos often show it) of what is supposed to be in there so it’s a simple matter of checking the list against the contents. One bonus for you if the manual is complete is that there will be an O&M Manual in there so you wouldn’t have to buy one separately.

  6. #6Dave3032232022-11-16 21:36

    Thanks! I made sure to ask and felt better getting the manual. Got the dozer home today, too late to use but goning to work it tomorow.