Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850G Brake Problems

Lewis Mills ยท 2022-11-14 13:46

I purchased a Case 850G that's in good condition. Just finished a farm pond with it and it did a good job. The brakes work sometimes and sometimes they don't. I checked the wear pins and they're sticking out about 1/8". Should be good? The brake valve makes a hissing sound when you hit the brakes like an air leak. I have a service manual but all it tells you is how to take it off and reinstall, nothing on troubleshooting. Can you rebuild these? Any help will be appreciated. Lew

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-11-14 18:03

    Hey Lew there is a section on adjusting the brake pedals and spools. If you are hearing a hissing sound you probably have an internal seal.

  2. #2Lewis Mills2022-11-15 10:27

    I found the section on adjusting the brake pedals and spools, thanks, have you or anybody been into the brake valve? Tip on what to look for? Lew

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2022-11-16 21:33

    I have rebuilt one or two, nothing special just some springs and plungers with o-ring and seals. Of course always watch how it comes apart.

  4. #4Lewis Mills2022-11-17 09:48

    Thanks