Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 Hitachi EX-120-2 Excavator Part # ?

MarineBoy ยท 2025-08-23 12:26

I'm looking to identify this part and or figure out if the leak can be fixed without replacing the part. I think the part in the picture is leaking at the top bolt. Can that be fixed, or does the entire part need to be replaced? If the part needs to be replaced, any chance someone knows which part it is and the part number? I believe there is a fuel filter connected to it. My understanding is that it's a Isuzu 4BD1 engine.

Replies2
  1. #1Tones2025-08-23 17:33

    New copper washers should fix it.

  2. #2willie592025-08-23 20:48

    Oh man, I remember the fuel filter is a PITA to change on those machines! Looks like it's leaking from the air bleed screw on top of the outlet banjo bolt. Like Tones stated, likely just need new copper seal washer. Any Deere dealer of injection pump shop will have those seal washers. Kobelco used similar on their banjo fitting, but their washers were a bonded rubber seal washer, that would likely work as well.