Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 cat 312 dash electronics and idle wont work

Tryusx ยท 2015-01-14 11:19

Hello, I have a decent machine that sometimes wont respond to throttle and wont shut down. I tried resetting button behind cab with no luck. Machine has been sitting a while also. I also noticed that green light on computer is not lit when this happens.Any suggestions before I start tearing apart.

Replies5
  1. #1Tryusx2015-01-14 13:46

    I noticed computer green and red light fluctuating off and on dash has a red gear and red battery Steady on. Override throttle switch works fine.Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2AllDodge2015-01-14 16:02

    How's your battery and alternator voltages?

  3. #3Tryusx2015-01-14 17:05

    voltage for both batteries are 12.5 and 13.8.Voltage from alternator is 28.6

  4. #4AllDodge2015-01-14 17:28

    Not an expert with your machine. The 12.5V battery looks low or a bad reading. Don't know if you have an electrical issue caused by a bad battery or another issue. What is the 12.5 battery reading when it's shut off

  5. #5Tryusx2015-01-14 17:55

    batteries are good. I once had one bad battery in the same machine and it was fine so don't think has anything to do with that, Thanks for helping:notworthy